Saturday, December 31, 2016

January 31st, Saturday, good bye 2016, hello 2017!

10:34pm in NYC, nice and seasonal weather. It's going to be OK to be outside in Times Square.
But, I'm not going out. Have no desire nor energy.

At 4pm watched Moscow meeting and greeting New Year. It's the biggest holiday of the year in there. Real family time. Many young people, like here, go out to party.
Santa cams at night of Dec. 31st and morning of Jan. 1st and gives gifts to children who still believe in Santa. He's called "Dad moroz," which means "grandpa frost." He also has an 'assistant' who helps him with his job and distributes the gifts. It's a young girl called "snegurochka," meaning "showgirl."
She wears chick, princess like white gown and wears a high tiara. Sings and dances with kids, interacts with them, cheer them up.

At 1tv.ru/news/issue/2016-12-31/23:55#1 is Putin's address to Russian nation 5 minutes before the midnight bells of Kremlin rang, followed by Nat'l Anthem of Russian Federation.

I feel 2017 is going to be better. I don't know why. Maybe because of Trump's Presidency? I'm hoping he'll listen to his own instincts before listening to his "advisers" in science, tech, environment and foreign policy.

11pm; NBCnews will broadcast ball drop live from Times Square. Now it's reporting about increased security all around the city and especially in and around TS.
In Istanbul, Turkey after 1am of new year their, in a nightclub 35 got killed from shootout. .

Dozens of truck are blocking all the roads around Time Square. This is done in this scope for a first time after lesson learned in Nice, France and Berlin, Germany.
Now they're asking people who early they went to TS to reserve a first row view of the Ball. Some have been there from 8am this morning and some even from 6:30am.
[I always wonder how people can wait for so long without proper facility to use. I understand there are those around there, but the crowds get so thick in that parameter, that if you come out of your spot it'll be impossible to get back. That's why I never have done that. Once, many years ago, I had a guest from overseas, it was a wonderful weather, I guess in 50's, we went as close as we could to TS at last couple of hour before midnight, but we weren't in the parameter where you'd see the Ball drop directly and where they don't let people to go any closer. We were close to 6th Ave. heard all the commotions, the cites and sounds, eat and drank (soda), after midnight stopped by and set in the church, which started a New Year sermon right after midnight. Then, because of nice weather, we decided to walk all the way home to UWS around CU. Nice, relaxed walk took only couple of hours.
Was wonderful, but for 25 years in NYC was the only time for me being out in the street at New Year midnight. Usually the last day of the year is more reflective for me. I cook, set a table, remember those who I spent most of my family life together, which are my parents.
That's what I did today and I'm happy to be in comfort of my home. Lit a candle, praying for everybody's safety out there and watching J.Lo's performance.
1:40am now. lalalallalalalllllalalalllalalal oooo--la--o-lalala----------oho, oho, ho,ho,ho......
Countdown is 20 min. TS is like a sea surface with floating purple hats, so cute...... !
Yesterday my neighbors and I shook some booty in my building where we had party with DJ. I tried the "line dance" by Bus Stop and became good at that. ....... "there goes your left foot, there goes to right foot, work out your heaps, work out your heaps, up, up, real smooth........
Here, you can learn too, at youtube.com/watch?v=CXkyw8wTRmI&spfreload=5. 
11:48pm Alicia Key's is singing .......... "that's what you do for love....."
Got a phone call, dancing under the song New York, NY.

12:05am, 2017! Happy New Year to me, myself and I, my loved ones and everybody who agrees with me :::::::))))))------
Thank and Glory to God almighty, Lord and Hashem!!! 
Have fun everybody !!!!!     .......................


Happy 2017 A.D under GOD!!!   



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive