Saturday, July 3, 2010

To Michael Savage (part 9)

Dr. Savage,

I'm enjoying a Sat. evening in NYC. Nice weather, but scorcher is coming. I don't know how we grow up without AC. I still don't like it, though. Also I prefer hot over cold. I don't like to bundle up. My favorite cloths are shorts and t-shorts. I can wear them every day.
Especially I have amazing legs. Extremely beautiful. They call it "traffic stopper."
I can't lie. Why should I?
Tomorrow is Independence day, some on the radio called to change it to Dependence day.
I thought it was funny, I should share with you. We'll take my bear and bunny and go to see fireworks and sing "America the Beautiful." It always brings tears to my eyes. I'm a sensitive person. Last year it was on Hudson. It was so nice. We walked down the Riverside and there it was. And good news is that it's again on Hudson.
Today I went to Metropolitan museum. I feel strong connection to Egyptian art of Pharaohs time. No matter what is new and what else I see, every time I go there I have to pass by that section. I talked to art selling couple on the street. They were from Miami Beach said that economy is very bad in there. They are trying to see if they can live here, but this town is getting more and more expensive. Now I'm sitting in the street doing this and hear lots of tourists, including Russians.
I was still thinking about that embarrassing timing of the bed news about agents. WHY right after that groovy hospitality? To me it was almost too good to be true; too fast, too casual, too easy. Could it be? Maybe, why not? Why should I doubt? Let it be.
But you know what, I think I have a little theory about this. Do you want to know?
I call it "the burger theory."
Get this: after "happy meal summit" at the time of press conference, one journalist asked Mr. Medvedev "how was the burger" and he responded "as usual American fast food - not healthy, but tasty." I thought at that moment that maybe he shouldn't have said it. Instead of just complimenting, half of his comment was criticizing. I would suggest him to say "It was very good and he has a good taste in choosing restaurants. Was fun too, thanks for sharing the fries, Mr. President (turning to O with a smile). I'll be glad to go back there." And be sincere about it, honestly... he decided to take an offer to go for it, right? But...
Now, my theory is that O didn't like that 50% criticism about his burger.
I'll tell you why. Because he is a man. Men don't like when you criticize their offers. They take it personally. It's a simple psychology. If man invites me for a dinner and a movie and I say "food was no good and movie was stupid," he would be humiliated. Their cars, their stuff, business, job are considered part of their identity and product of their judgment.
But if I go out with a lady friend and she pays and I say "this food is no good" she won't be offended, most likely she will agree, offer to change or call cook a name.
Man would take offense as if he was the cook.
"You criticize my burger, thus my judgment for taking there as if I feed you unhealthy food?" That's what O felt at that moment. He felt let down. Remember he doesn't like criticism. "You embarrassed me, I'll embarrass you." That's it. That's my theory.
Unless something like that also happened while talking politics that we didn't see, that could do too.
So long.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers