Friday, May 28, 2010

To Michael Savage (part 5)

Dr. Savage,

I was listening to your show today and laughing in the bus coming back to uptown.
You said people who listen to you today are lonely ones, because they don't have anywhere to go? Don't forget there is something called "battery" for radio (most radios, if not all, work on them) and also Walkman. I have the latter all the time with me. No one now needs to sit at home next to a radio to hear you. They can take the damn thing, no matter how big, and put in the middle of the lawn next to the grill. When I was new, many years ago, I was much more social. Most of my friends have family and houses in NJ and LI. I'd go and get stuck there for an entire weekend. Also I had to listen to other guests' life stories and opinions about everything. Gradually I lost interest talking about the same things I knew, about the past and the old country. It's just not worth the time anymore.
Lots of things to do in NYC, it's open 24 hours. I don't really like this weekend as an "holiday" because many people forget what they're gathered for. Like you said, it should be about remembering those under 6' deep in the ground, who secured what we have today. But people get together over the food and the music just having fun.
I was relieved that they didn't make the 9/11 a holiday and a day off. It'd become the same thing.
I better listen to you Monday, if you'd be on live. Get calls from people who have stories to tell about their loved ones who served. Also those who are away from their homes and families in foreign lands right now. How do they feel, what goes through their minds? Do they feel appreciated?
If I wouldn't go and spend the time with people that I already know, that's OK, I can always talk to them over the phone. But, by myself, I always spend the time learning something and enjoying the city and I'm never bored. I see funny side of things all around and get amused.
Another thing you said that cracked me up was about the skunk in your backyard. You said it was a lib.? How do you know? How do you know if skunk smokes pot? How do you know the difference between a crock-addict and pothead skunks? After they spray you, what strong and new chemicals you can use to wash your cloths? If you decide to trash your cloths because wash didn't help, where do you discard them?
Try to analyze this, find a definition, talk about it more. That's so funny...
You also said there was a Russian trapper you wanted to call for help? I believe most Russians can't tolerate stink, they should be good at that.
Do you think that some strong pot grown in Mexico today can give potheads in power of courts to hallucinate about skunks' "human rights?" Sorry, I should say "skunk rights,"- my bad. Do they enjoy "civil right" now? Domestic partnership to start with?.. When libs run out of each other to get married, you think we'll see the day that some of them will take their backyard skunk to City Hall? Las Vegas perhaps? - "Common judge, wake up, he/she just sprayed, we need to commit!"
Oh, my, I can't take this anymore. Too much fun for one evening... laughing by myself in a coffee shop. Let me go, they're closing already...

Followers