Monday, May 24, 2010

To Michael Savage (part 4)

Dr. Savage,

The world is running wild. Sometimes I can't believe what I hear. The good thing is that I still can be surprised, because I'm not medicated, drugged or stoned.
When most people will become desensitized, beginning of the end will arrive.
"Devil wins when good people don't do anything" - isn't it?
What's the news? We have to bail out lazy Europe, where people retire at 50 and they still blame America? Two m...s will be build by ground zero? Nice...
Another attack by vermin in southern Russia, killing 7 and wounding many more innocent people before concert.
I've got so bombarded with bad news that went into a nostalgic trend of listening Soviet time songs. Don't be surprised that some of them are very relevant to our feelings today in here.
Your grandparents came from Russia or Ukraine, right?
I was listening a few songs by a songwriter and poet Vladimir Vysotsky. He sang his own songs and played on guitar. He has unbelievably dramatic stuff about homeland, its heroes, who didn't come back, friendship, love, comic stuff from daily life, etc.
Some considered him "anti-establishment" at that time, but I think he was more of a patriot and poet. He wasn't anti-country, he was pro-improvement, he would give his life for his country. His criticism was constrictive and he believed in better days ahead. He was an actor, he suffered living and expressing his emotions in action, words and music. At least, that's how I felt about him. He had been in overseas multiple times, here in NYC in 70's had an interview with Dan Rather, was married to French citizen, but always returned to Russia, lived and died there.
It was 1980, he was only 42 years old. I remember that day. Olympic games were going on. I kept watching TV, turning the channels. His funeral didn't get any media attention. It was taken only by an amateur video. He is buried in Moscow. His gravestone is a monument as dramatic as his life was. There is always flow of people. He was young, he smoked, I read that he used drugs too, women, liberalism... What a shame...
I'll talk about him and his work later, if you want. You're going to like this character.
I know you love nature, you see God in its beauty. Look how complex the world is, how it could come out of accident of crushing stones and liquid? Give me a break!
I found one song on youtube by Vlad about mountains. It's an astonishing song.
It's chilling. I never felt desire chasing rocks, but now, for a moment, I wish I could run to mountains, sit on the top where everything is quiet and lonely. Look down, reflect, try to understand why and how humans created life like this for themselves. I'm not melancholic, I'm an optimist by nature, just want to get away from bed news and get nature's remedy for soul...
I made it easy for you to find this song; don't Google, go to the top line:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oztG4gSH-k8&feature=fvw see what comes up. See the nature's chilling force in action. Nothing can stop it, not a thing...
Lower the volume on your computer before you push "enter," it can come out loud.
Try to listen to the words, see if you hear anything familiar. I'll try to translate a few lines, here:
Into the bustle and the traffic of the cities,
We're returning - simply nowhere to get lost,
And we're coming down from conquered heights,
Leaving on the mountains, leaving on the mountains our hearts.
So, leave the useless arguments,
I've proved myself everything already,
Better than mountains can be only the mountains,
On which haven't been yet,
On which no one has been...
This is a very technical translation, just to give you all the exact words.
So long.

Followers